Product successfully added to your shopping cart
Ronseal Ultra Tough Varnish Hard Glaze 250ml
0 In Stock Out of stock 0
- Tough polyurethane protection
- Rich, clear and mellow finish
- Perfect for wood thatâ€™s used a lot
- Brings out the natural beauty of your wood
- Remove wax, oil and grease from the surface using white spirit and a cloth.
- Give the surface a quick sand with 120 grit sandpaper to smooth it out. If your wood already has a coating, remove the sections that are cracked, peeling or flaking.
- Give your tin of varnish a thorough stir for a smooth consistency.
- Grab a brush and apply the varnish going in the direction of the grain. Wait six hours for your first coat to dry.
- Apply a second coat and wait another six hours.
- Before you apply the third and final coat, quickly sand the surface and wipe up the dust with a damp cloth. This will give you a great final finish.
Wood thatâ€™s used a lot needs a lot of protection. Not only does this varnish protect against everyday knocks and scrapes, but itâ€™s tough against chemicals, water and heat too. Long-lasting protection with a clear and natural finish.
Before you start
Make sure the room is warm and well ventilated. You might need to open a door or window.
Youâ€™ll need to sand your wood so wear a mask to protect yourself from the sawdust.
How to prepare your wood for varnishing
Thorough preparation means your varnish will have a smooth finish and will provide lasting protection.
Once your varnish is completely dry, cleaning your wooden surfaces is simple. Clean how you normally would and be sure to pay attention to any dirt or grit that could damage the surface.
If you notice some damage, just grab some sandpaper and sand the affected area. Apply three coats of varnish to the same spot and itâ€™ll be good as new.