6 Tips To Keep Your Home Warm Without Turning On Heaters
Keeping your house warm during the winter months doesn't have to mean turning up the heat...
Here are some tips for staying warm at home without relying on your heater:
- Use heavy curtains: Thick curtains or blinds can help block drafts and keep the warmth in. Keep them closed during the night and on particularly cold days to help insulate your windows.
- Cover bare floors: Hardwood and tile floors can feel especially cold in the winter. Using area rugs or carpets can help keep your feet warm and add some insulation to your home.
- Seal up drafts: Check for gaps around windows, doors, and other openings where heat can escape. Use weatherstripping or draft stoppers to seal these gaps and keep the cold out.
- Use draft excluders: Draft excluders, which are long tubes filled with insulation, can be placed along the bottom of doors to help block drafts.
- Let the sunshine in: During the day, open your curtains to let the sun's natural warmth in. Just be sure to close them at night to keep the cold out.
- Make use of your fireplace: If you have a fireplace, use it to help heat your home. Just be sure to use it safely and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
By following these tips, you can help keep your home warm and comfortable without relying on your heater. Remember to also dress in layers and stay active to help generate body heat. Shop now