6 Tips To Keep Your Patio Safe & Protected This Winter
Winter is here, the ultimate test for your patio and outdoor furniture. Here are a few tips for keeping your patio safe and protected from cold weather:
- Clean and store outdoor furniture: Before the cold weather sets in, be sure to clean and properly store your outdoor furniture. This will help protect it from damage caused by snow, ice, and cold temperatures.
- Cover plants: If you have potted plants on your patio, consider moving them to a sheltered location or covering them with a frost blanket to protect them from frost and freezing temperatures.
- Shovel snow and ice: Keep your patio clear of snow and ice to prevent slips and falls. Use a shovel or ice scraper to clear snow and sprinkle salt or sand to help melt ice.
- Install a heat source: If you have a covered patio, consider installing a heat source, such as a patio heater or fire pit, to help keep the area warm and comfortable. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and use these devices safely.
- Use weatherproof curtains or blinds: If you have a patio with windows or sliding doors, consider installing weatherproof curtains or blinds to help insulate the space and keep out drafts.
- Lastly, for long lasting affects, you can apply varnish or protective paint to any wooden surface. You can find a wide range of these on our website, many of which will provide protection against rain, snow & ice for up to 5 years. They even have anti-slip properties.
By following these tips, you can help protect your patio from the cold weather and enjoy it all year round. Click here to be redirected to our range of outdoor paints and varnishes.